Comment on page
Available from the Professional plan
PayPal is the fast, convenient, and secure way to pay online. You can use PayPal to send money both domestically and internationally.
PayPal stands out from other payment methods because of the following reasons:
- Fast transfers to other PayPal users: Transfers from one account to another are almost always instant.
- Security: PayPal monitors all transactions for fraud, uses industry-standard encryption, and has many dispute-resolution options. PayPal is also considered a safe method of payment, when you send a payment using PayPal, the recipient won't receive sensitive financial information like your credit card or bank account number.
- Worldwide network: PayPal is available in more than 200 countries around the world, you can use it to pay around the world without the hassle of converting currency (it supports 20+ currencies)
Especially, when compared to Bank transfers, PayPal seems to hold advantages of its speed, convenience, and diversity of options.
Choosing to pay your affiliates with PayPal will be easy for both you and your team, the affiliate only needs to provide their PayPal email address in order to receive the commissions.
PayPal integration is an easy way to save time and automate your affiliate campaign. Once you integrate with PayPal inside the app, there’s no need to process the payment outside the application manually, just a few clicks in the app and the affiliate will get their payment automatically. It saves your team's effort while still being secured thanks to the authentication step required to process the transaction.
To learn how to integrate with PayPal, please follow our detailed instructions below to connect your PayPal account to UpPromote: Affiliate marketing.
In order to connect your PayPal account, the following conditions must be met:
Then click on your Account Name in the top right corner of the portal, and select My Account.
Also, ensure the Live mode is toggled on.
On the My Account page, scroll down to the Permissions section > Payouts. If there's a green checkmark in the "Live" column for Payouts, it means that Live Payouts has been enabled for your account. But if there isn't, you will see the “Enable...” link to click through and provide the required information for PayPal to enable it.
According to PayPal's policy, the application process for Live Payouts is different for each country. If you are in the US, PayPal will then send you an email informing you that they are reviewing your request. (This application may take a few days for PayPal to process, but you can still proceed with the rest of the steps while PayPal reviews your information.)
If you’re outside the US, you would need to contact the PayPal Customer Service Team to request this Payouts feature.
Once you've been accepted, you will see a green checkmark indicating that the API is live.
The Use of PayPal Payouts requires strict approval by PayPal. We do not have control over this.
As we know, there is an application and vetting process that is handled by PayPal Customer Service Team to get this feature enabled on any account. Based on each merchant's business case and the minimum requirements that need to be fulfilled, the application can be approved or declined. Here is some sample information that they may ask you for:
- Provide a description of your business model
- Provide a detailed description of how Payouts will be used within your business
- How do you vet your service providers prior to being onboarded to your platforms?
- An updated business URL to your fully operational website
In the App & Credentials tab, click on Create App:
Enter the app's name (UpPromote Affiliate marketing, for example), then click Create App on the popup window:
Next, the Client ID and Secret key will be shown on your screen. These credentials will be used for Step 3.
Then scroll down to the Features section on the same page, check the option Payouts, and click Save Changes.
Go back to UpPromote: Affiliate marketing > Settings > Integration > PayPal > Setup:
Enter your Client ID and Client Secret key into the following fields:
Be noted to check the two checkboxes underneath and click Next.
There are 2 security methods you can choose from, which are Google Authentication and Payout password. The method selected will depend on your own preference, whether you want a secure method or a more convenient one. Kindly scroll down to read more about each method so you could make a decision.
Google Authentication app helps to protect your account against password thieves. Whenever you process any auto-payment transaction via PayPal within the app, you will need to enter a code generated by the Google Authenticator app on your phone.
- 1.Download the Google Authentication app to your phone.
2. Scan the QR code or enter the provided private key:
3. Be noted to save your private key on paper in case of phone loss. You need to enter the private key to re-activate this feature.
4. Enter your Google Authentication code that is shown on your phone to finish the process:
Click Finish to complete your PayPal Integration with the Google Authentication setup process.
Payout password could be a favorable method for some merchants due to its convenience. If you do not concern much about the utmost security, the Payout password is a great option (of course it is still a secure method). Whenever you process any payments via PayPal within the app, you will just need to enter the password to make transactions.
- 1.Select Payout password as a security method
2. Insert your preferred password and password confirmation:
Please make sure that the password must be 8-16 characters and include at least one number and one special character/symbol. The term box should be checked as well in order to proceed further.
3. Input the OTP code that is sent to your email address to verify and complete the setup with the Payout password:
Click Finish to complete your PayPal Integration with the Payout password setup process.
After setting up PayPal integration successfully, either with Google Authentication or Payout password, now a PayPal Payout option will show up when you click the Payments tab:
You can click Process Payment to pay your affiliate via PayPal within the app.
When entering your PayPal credentials, some errors might occur because of the following reasons:
- Invalid Credentials
This error is usually due to one of these 3 reasons:
- 1.Sandbox credentials are copied over instead of Live details from PayPal.
- 2.Incorrect credentials are copied.
- 3.Client ID and Client Secret were mistaken.