Settings > Affiliate link & coupon > Coupon
Update: You can now set up Auto-generate coupon for specific programs and use Affiliate's first name for coupons to manage affiliate campaigns more effectively (Scroll below to learn more).
Let's imagine you have affiliates joining regularly, assigning coupons for each member manually would be time-consuming and overwhelming because you need to create the discount on Shopify, then go back to the app and add the coupon for each affiliate. This 5-step manual task can totally be optimized with the function of automatically generating coupons upon a preset rule.
By enabling this feature, when affiliates join your program, our system will create a coupon code for them automatically with the same discount rule you set in the sample coupon.
To enable auto-generate coupon, go to Settings > Affiliate link & coupon > Coupon > enable Auto-generate Coupon.
To set up the sample coupon, please follow these 2 steps: 1. Create a sample coupon in the Discounts section of your Shopify Admin (DO NOT select Automatic discount because our system only checks referrals with normal Discount code).
2. Select a program or multiple ones to generate coupons automatically for these specific programs. In case you want to create a sample coupon for all programs, please choose Select all.
3. Choose Coupon Name's Format (Affiliate's name, Affiliate's first name, Random letters, or Affiliates select while registering)
Note: In case of a duplicate first name, the system will automatically generate coupons following the rule of FIRSTNAME+AFFILIATE ID. For example, if you have 3 affiliates named John, the first one will get the JOHN code, the second one will have JOHN2495068 (2495068 is his affiliate ID) and the third affiliate's coupon is JOHN2495063 (2495063 is his affiliate ID).
4. If you choose Affiliates select while registering, move to step 5. You can also learn more about this option here: https://docs.uppromote.com/set-up/tracking-by-coupon/allow-affiliates-to-fill-in-their-preferred-coupon-code-while-registering
In case you choose the coupon format of Affiliate's name, Affiliate's first name, or Random letters, you can set up to add a prefix or suffix to the auto-generated coupons.
- Prefix: add characters to the beginning of the auto-generated coupons.
- Suffix: add characters to the end of the auto-generated coupons.
5. Enter created coupon with a description (optional) about its usage.
Note: The latest sample coupon created will be displayed on top of the sample coupon list.
In case you want to add a new coupon for the current affiliate list with bulk action, you can create a new sample coupon as instructed, then click the cyan button - Auto-generate coupon for existing affiliate in the selected program(s) to assign the code to all affiliates in chosen programs that haven't been assigned with this coupon.
The newly assigned coupon will be shown on the affiliate account's dashboard.
Note: After creating a sample coupon, you have an option to delete this sample coupon, also you can choose whether to remove all affiliate coupons that were generated by that sample coupon (just make sure that you inform your affiliates about this change)