Guide for Beginners of Affiliate Marketing
Today there are many marketing methods to make money and millions of people are flocking to focus on PPC - the biggest expenditure of money. But it seems that this method is less and less effective because the huge amount of advertising is catching the eyes of customers.
Fortunately, affiliate marketing is a way that is becoming a trend and is considered by many marketers to be the most potential at the moment. This is a form that saves you from having to spend any money.
Through this article, we will help you step by step to make money effectively. First, we need to learn a little bit about Affiliate Marketing.
Affiliate Marketing is the type of activity promoting services and products of brands to the audience of affiliates/marketers also known as publishers. Affiliates will receive commissions for the sales they make. The more sales you bring for the brands, the more commissions you will earn. This is a win-win relationship between two parties: affiliate and merchant.
Here are the activities happening in Affiliate Marketing that you need to know:
- Once joining the merchant's affiliate program, affiliates will be provided with an URL link or a unique code to use when promoting the merchant's products/services. When a customer purchases through the link or uses the affiliate's code, the order will be credited as a referral order and help the affiliate get a commission.
- There are 2 requirements for an affiliate when joining a program: Provide personal information to the merchant by completing an application to take part in. After receiving the consent of the account from the merchant, the affiliate needs to enter information about the payment method to serve transactions between the two parties.
- The merchant will use a tracking system like UpPromote Affiliate Marketing to track orders brought in by the affiliates and calculate commissions for them. Usually, merchants will calculate commission under 3 popular forms, including: Percentage of sales, Flat rate per item, Flat rate per order.
- Another term to know in Affiliate Marketing is cookies. The cookie is an affiliate + influencer ID code that embeds itself in a customer's browser, and is good across all pages in that retailer's site. Cookie windows, aka cookie durations, are how long a cookie is coded to last in a customer's browser from the initial click. Some stores only offer 1-day windows, but some cookie durations last up to 30 days - or longer! This means you have a longer, better chance of getting a commission on a sale that you pay, and it also means you should aim to link to stores with longer cookie durations, to maximize your potential earnings.
- The merchant's tracking system will generate reports about affiliate performances such as clicks, orders, commission, etc. The affiliate will see the results of its referral efforts.
- Some stores will have subscriptions, giving the affiliate the chance to pay regular commissions thanks to monthly recurring orders.
- Last but not least, the merchant will check all the referrals and approve them to make payment for the affiliate thanks to the referrals they have brought back to the merchant.
For beginners, you may not fully understand how affiliate marketing works in the relationship between two parties: merchant and affiliate. However, if you start partnering with a brand and start bringing in the first referrals, you will find that this flow will be quite simple and straightforward.
Below is a picture to help you visualize it better
Are you ready to find the right brands to start your affiliate marketing journey?
The first thing that definitely everyone thinks about is "how to reach the right brands for my audience". If your followers are fashion lovers, or those with a passion for in-house products,... you can look for brands that focus on products in your niche.
Here are some factors to help you consider when choosing to cooperate with brands that you should definitely not ignore:
- You’ve previewed the product so you know its quality (given, in this case).
- They have a solid refund policy that you trust they’ll honor.
- They provide good customer support (and you’ve tested it).
- You have a good story to share about your experience with the product.
- The offer fits your audience's needs and won abuse of the trust you’ve built with them.
There are a few tips to help you find the right offers and you really love to work with:
Use a search engine and type in keywords about your favorite category along with the keyword “affiliate program”. Here's a helpful recipe for you [affiliate program] + [interested category]
For example, if you want to advertise products in the fashion field, you can type and search with the word "affiliate program fashion". Search engines will bring you a lot of amazing results along with great cooperation opportunities in the field you are promoting. In those results, choose the most suitable offers for yourself and start looking for ways to reach merchants.
UpPromote Marketplace offers you thousands of offers from many merchants from all over the world. All offers are listed very neatly and highlight important indicators such as category, commission amount, EPS (earnings per sale), cookie period,...
Besides, smart filters will help you find the most suitable offers by choosing categories, searching keywords or areas that you want to promote. Remember that filtering and finding the right brands should be based on the insight of the audience you are targeting.
In addition, when you log into the marketplace, the platform will automatically filter out the brand offers that are most relevant to you, helping you reduce your efforts to find the right brand offers.
Take advantage of the Update new tab to quickly get approval from merchants. Usually, merchants who have just joined the platform are eager to boost sales and it is easy for them to select marketers to cooperate with. Therefore, by choosing the “Update new” tab, you will reach a lot of active merchants who are easy to work with and develop a long-term business relationship.
During the process of joining UpPromote Marketplace, if you have any difficulty even in the journey of finding your favorite brands to work with and start your Affiliate Marketing journey, do not hesitate to immediately contact the UpPromote customer service team. With the live chat portal operating 24/7, the team will quickly help you find the most suitable offer and contact merchants to help you quickly join the merchant's affiliate program to promote products and bring referrals.
Hopefully, this article will help you get an overview and better understanding of UpPromote: Affiliate marketing. Thank you very much for accompanying us to this point.